[c-nsp] Catalyst 6509 and 802.1p

Roman Serbski mefystofel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 03:54:08 EST 2009

Hi list-

Appreciate your guidance on the following question.

We have two Catalyst 6509 interconnected over fiber with a number of
VLANs shared between two switches.  I setup another VLAN with two
ports in total (one port on each switch) and would like to give the
highest priority to traffic traversing between two ports.  I searched
archives for mls-qos and policy map but it seems that most responses
are related to 35xx switches.  Could someone advise me on
documentation I should read in order to implement 802.1p on 65xx
Catalyst switches?

Thank you for your time.