[c-nsp] 3560g PoE issue

Buhrmaster, Gary gtb at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Dec 12 15:13:23 EST 2009

> As i seen in sh power inline o/p few alcatel IP phones are class 0
> while others class 2. Is this creating the problem ?

Note that all of your class '0' (unrecognized?) devices are
being allocated 15.4 watts.  That reduces the number of
other devices you can use.  When your failures occur, look
at the total power allocated and I suspect you will find
you are simply out of allocatable power.  The power supply
of that switch is not capable of providing a full 15.4 watts
to every port at the same time.