[c-nsp] ASA Transparent Firewall with Multiple VLANs

Sercan Aktas saktas at thrupoint.net
Thu Dec 24 12:39:02 EST 2009

Hi guys,

I have a specific customer scenario, where multiple VLANs need to be
firewalled and due to the environment transparent firewall seems to be the
best solution. However, this is an SP environment and my customer has the
concern of having 50 virtual contexts as a serious limitation. I have seen
in some Cisco documents stating that multiple VLANs in transparent mode were
allowed either single mode or per virtual context. There is no detailed
explanation or configuration example though.

So what I am trying to find out is if I can bridge multiple VLAN pairs
either through a single transparent firewall or a transparent virtual
context? If this is doable, do any of you guys have a sample configuration
as reference?

Thanks,

Sercan

Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure . If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thankyou. ThruPoint Ltd.