[c-nsp] NPE-G1 cant read Compact Flash

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Thu Dec 24 14:24:30 EST 2009

On 2009-12-24 17:51, Joe Maimon wrote:

>> The original CF card may have gone bad but if you're sure the other CF
>> cards are OK then they may be formatted wrong.
> The card is fine, tested in external reader. They are all fine.

The CF slot of NPE-G1 is very picky about CF - even if it's from
Cisco. I'd make sure I have latest ROMMON loaded and then do following:

- make the NPE-G1 boot the IOS correctly by any means - loading
  it until it goes up
- format the CF then - new ROMMONs tend to mask various 'problems'
  the reader may have with the CF
- then check if You can reboot the router safely and it will read
  the CF correctly

If You can't make it work - RMA the NPE. Maybe the CF reader is simply
broken.

--
"Everything will be okay in the end. |                  Łukasz Bromirski
 If it's not okay, it's not the end. |       http://lukasz.bromirski.net