[c-nsp] Multiple Route-Target import within VRF

Rano Karno chubby_cripth at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 27 23:51:31 EST 2009

Hi Oli,

Thanks for your input, but i think the solution for using the extcommunity list still won't work.
The poin is using import map the router only match the clause regular expression, but to import the route, we still need to put command "route-target import xxx" within vrf is it correct?
So whenever i put only one route-target import , i.e: "route-target import 1:222" the PE#2 will directly importing the route for VRF ABC from PE#1 which is we don't want it,
the purpose is PE#2 will import route for VRF ABC from PE#1 if and only if we put 2 (two) route-target import within "ip vrf ABC".

you can see that within config#1 that with only importing 1 (one) route-target import PE#2 should import route vrf ABC from PE#1, but is there anyway that we could put strict rule that PE#2 will only import vrf ABC if there is 2 (two) route-target import within vrf configuration. please look at "config#2"

I know this is uncommon configuration, but this kind of configuration is working with non Cisco device. and now we are implementing Cisco new device to cooperate with existing PE.

I have tried to used other method within route-map using "continue <seq>, which is uncommon to used, but it also didn't work, please look for "Config#3".

!#Config#1
!
! PE#2
ip vrf ABC
 rd 1:111
 import map imp_abc
 export map exp_abc
 route-target import 1:222
!
ip extcommunity-list 101 permit RT:1:222_RT:1:333_
!
route-map imp_abc permit 10
 match extcommunity 101
!
!#Config#2

!

! PE#2

ip vrf ABC

 rd 1:111

 import map imp_abc

 export map exp_abc

 route-target import 1:222
 route-target import 1:333
!

ip extcommunity-list 101 permit RT:1:222_RT:1:333_

!

route-map imp_abc permit 10

 match extcommunity 101

!