[c-nsp] Multiple Route-Target import within VRF

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Dec 28 03:43:28 EST 2009

Hi Rano,

> Thanks for your input, but i think the solution for using the
extcommunity
> list still won't work.
> The poin is using import map the router only match the clause regular
> expression, but to import the route, we still need to put command
"route-
> target import xxx" within vrf is it correct?

This could be caused by BGP's automatic RT filter, which is not
examining the import route-maps when deciding whether or not to accept a
vpnv4 iBGP update. So if there is no other VRF on PE#2 with
"route-target import 1:222" or ".. 1:333", you need to enable

router bgp ...
 no bgp default route-target filter

on your PE (and flap the routes so they're sent again). can you try
this?

[...]
> I know this is uncommon configuration, but this kind of configuration
is
> working with non Cisco device. and now we are implementing Cisco new
device
> to cooperate with existing PE.

You still want to consider re-designing this, using distinct RTs to
achieve this policy.

> I have tried to used other method within route-map using "continue
<seq>,
> which is uncommon to used, but it also didn't work, please look for
> "Config#3".

route-map continue is unfortunately not supported for import/export
route-maps..

	oli