[c-nsp] MTU Mismatch

Jason LeBlanc jasonleblanc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 17:36:44 EST 2009

In a typical 3 tiered infrastructure I would assume it must be commonplace practice to house some vlans with Jumbo frames support.  We have 2 options currently connecting devices from access to distribution.

Access		Distribution
3550    <->	6500
4500    <->	6500

We have customers segmented on L2/L3 vlans requesting Jumbo frames in various environments.  Some request separate hardware altogether like for Oracle RAC.  How have you guys seen this implemented?

Cheers,

// LeBlanc