[c-nsp] Netconf (over SSHv2) in SXI

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Feb 2 06:13:22 EST 2009

All,

Does anyone have working examples talking to the netconf implementation
in 12.2(33)SXI? Or pointers to libraries / code that works?

I've tried the examples from the cisco website:

www.tinyurl.com/aeof6v

...but I just get back all kinds of invalid XML messages and so forth. I
can do a "show run" with an empty <get /> i.e. no filter, but if I try
to issue CLI commands using the:

<rpc ... xmlns:cpi="http://www.cisc.com/cpi_10/schema">
  <get>
    <filter>
      <cpi:config-format-cli-ios-text-cmd> ... </..>
      <cpi:cli-operational-data>
	<show>arp</show>
      </cpi:cli...>

...I get error messages about the cpi: namespace and "debug cns xml" on
the box tells me the XML stanzas in that namespace have no handler.

It seems like netconf would be really useful for automating IOS; has
anyone made it work?