[c-nsp] Netconf (over SSHv2) in SXI

Lincoln Dale ltd at cisco.com
Mon Feb 2 07:11:23 EST 2009

Phil Mayers wrote:
> Does anyone have working examples talking to the netconf
> implementation in 12.2(33)SXI? Or pointers to libraries / code that
> works?
> [..]
> <rpc ... xmlns:cpi="http://www.cisc.com/cpi_10/schema">
>  <get>
>    <filter>
>      <cpi:config-format-cli-ios-text-cmd> ... </..>
>      <cpi:cli-operational-data>
>     <show>arp</show>
>      </cpi:cli...>
>
> ...I get error messages about the cpi: namespace and "debug cns xml"
> on the box tells me the XML stanzas in that namespace have no handler.
i have worked extensively with Netconf/XML on NX-OS on Nexus 7000.

whatever you're requesting needs to match the schema.  based on my
experience, i think you'll most likely need to modify what you have to:

that is purely a guess - but checking the XML schema definition (XSD)
that should also be posted on cisco.com will let you verify.

> It seems like netconf would be really useful for automating IOS; has
> anyone made it work?
yes, on N7K at least. :)

cheers,

lincoln.