[c-nsp] set clock

chris at lavin-llc.com chris at lavin-llc.com
Mon Feb 2 09:45:48 EST 2009

>Hello
>
>To set the clock use the command 'clock set hh:mm:ss' from enable mode.
>NTP can be configured in the global configuration mode use the command
>'ntp server hostname'.  The hostname can be an IP or a hostname, just
>make sure that you use an NTP server the router/switch can reach.
>
>Cheers
>George

And regarding the time of 14:15 UTC v it being 09:15 locally; that has to do with the global timezone setting. UTC is referring to
Greenwich Mean Time, sometimes also referred to as Zulu time. To change your device to reflect the local time use the
commands "clock timezone EDT -5". But depending on where you live, you may have to account for Daylight Savings Time. You could use
the command "clock summer-time 'timezone'".

Most of us tend to like using the GMT (UTC) timezone because its a global reference that never changes. Therefore you don't have to
worry about accounting for the dates that your local timezone "springs forward" or "falls back".

HTH,
-chris

any technical data, terms or prices not generally available or known, such items are "commercially sensitive information" within
the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and related laws.  As it would be prejudicial to RM's commercial interests if
these were disclosed, please refrain from doing so.

>As Internet communications are not secure, please be aware that RM cannot accept responsibility for its contents.  Any views or
opinions presented are those of the author only and not of RM.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please accept
our apologies and arrange for copies of it to be deleted.  For your information, RM may intercept incoming and outgoing email
communications.