[c-nsp] show dsl int atm 0

Sigurbjörn Birkir Lárusson sigurbjornl at vodafone.is
Tue Feb 3 17:31:56 EST 2009

Moving the Target Noise Margin or whatever it is called in your DSLAM is a
better plan.

Interleaving has far more to do with sync stability, i.e. it allows the
router some time to respond to changes in the line quality before loosing
the sync, it also increases latency.  The more interleaving time you allow,
the greater the latency, but then again, better sync stability.

I would use both, interleave at a low setting, and a higher target noise
margin if you're running sensitive services such as IPTV over the line.

4ms interleave + 9dB target noise margin should leave the line relatively
stable.  If you find the maximum sync speed of the line moves below your set
minimum to offer the service when you're at 9dB (the higher the target noise
margin the lower the sync speed), the line probably isn't good enough to
offer the service to begin with.

BR,
Sibbi