[c-nsp] Ethernet VPN circuits

Rens rens at autempspourmoi.be
Wed Feb 4 07:27:08 EST 2009

Hi,

We have a provider that has a new product and I would like to know if I
could use it with our current infrastructure to interconnect sites.

This is how it works on the provider site:

1 Central Site where everything arrives

Multiple Remote Sites that you can connect to the Central Site

Per Remote Site we have to define a VLAN tag.

So it would look like this:

My CS router     <=> my CS switch           <=> provider CS switch     <=>
provider Backbone     <=> provider RS switch     <=> My RS router

7206VXR           <=> 3550                         <=> 2960
<=> No Idea                     <=> 2960                         <=> 1841

So if I want to do a /30 OSPF between my CS router and my RS router

I would use vlan 200 for this at RS router (subinterface dot1q) it enters
the provider RS switch and they add the predefined vlan as outer tag.
(example 800)

It arrives like this at my CS site and now I have a problem.

1) I either remove the outer tag VLAN (800) on the switch so on my router I
can do the same subinterface dot1q 200 => but this won't work when I want to
do the same thing with multiple RS

2)  Can I pass the double tag through my switch to our 7206 and configure a
double dot1q subinterface, so the router removes both outer & inner 800 &
200 and OSPF goes up :-)

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Rens