[c-nsp] Ethernet VPN circuits

Rens rens at autempspourmoi.be
Thu Feb 5 08:39:35 EST 2009

I think I explained my problem badly below.

On CS we receive the frames like this [outer tag].[inner tag]
On RS they strip of the outer tag

The provider uses the outer tag to decide to which RS it should go

So if I would want to do an OSPF between a CS & RS
I would have this problem:

1) I either remove the outer tag on the switch so on my router I
can do the same subinterface dot1q [inner tag] => but this won't work when I
want to do the same thing with multiple RS

2)  Can I pass the double tag through my switch to our 7206 and configure a
double dot1q [outer tag].[inner tag] on my subinterface ?