[c-nsp] 7606 with SPA-2xT3, hot insert - reboot required?

robbie.jacka at regions.com robbie.jacka at regions.com
Tue Feb 10 14:48:19 EST 2009

Have you set "card type t3 2 1"?
--
robbie

             Graham Wooden
             <graham at g-rock.ne
             t>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net
             cisco-nsp-bounces                                          cc
             @puck.nether.net
                                                                   Subject
                                       [c-nsp] 7606 with SPA-2xT3, hot
             02/10/2009 01:43          insert - reboot required?
             PM

Hi fellas,

I have a 7606 and I inserted (hot) a SPA-2xT3 card into my SIP400
subslot (2/1), from which it shows up in various "show" commands
jst... but I doesn't give me the ability to actually config the
interfaces on it.  Does it require a reboot for the serial interfaces
to come up?

7606, with dual 720's.  Running
c7600s72033-adventerprisek9-mz.122-33.SRC.bin.
 From the module guide, this is the first supported rev of this card
in the slot.
Any known issues, or does the box need to take a reboot?

Thanks in advance,

-graham

Feb  9 14:54:56 CST: %DIAG-SP-6-RUN_MINIMUM: Module 2/1: Running
Minimal Diagnostics...
Feb  9 14:54:57 CST: %DIAG-SP-6-DIAG_OK: Module 2/1: Passed Online
Diagnostics
Feb  9 14:54:57 CST: %SPA_OIR-6-ONLINECARD: SPA (SPA-2XT3/E3) online
in subslot 2/1

#show hw-module subslot all oir
Module        Model                Operational Status
------------- -------------------- ------------------------
subslot 2/0   SPA-1XOC12-ATM       ok
subslot 2/1   SPA-2XT3/E3          ok

#show hw-module subslot 2/1 fpd

==== ====================== ======
                              H/W   Field Programmable   Current
Min. Required
Slot Card Type               Ver.  Device: "ID-Name"    Version
Version
  2/1 SPA-2XT3/E3             1.1   1-ROMMON               2.12        2.12
                                    2-I/O FPGA             1.0         1.0
                                    3-E3 FPGA              1.4         1.4
                                    4-T3 FPGA              1.4         1.4