[c-nsp] VTP domain.

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Feb 10 18:54:18 EST 2009

On Wednesday 11 February 2009 03:02:41 am Keith wrote:

> The 3550 being replaced has no vtp domain name. Is it
> possible to remove the vtp domain name without deleting
> the vlan.dat file? I have looked over the TAC but see
> nothing really regarding removing a vtp domain name. Lots
> about adding one, not about removing one.

No clear way to do this, today, without deleting the
'vlan.dat' file. Wish that could be fixed.

But like you and others have said, maintaining VTP
Transparent mode will ensure it stays away from VTP.

We used to "manually" clear VTP domain names, but recently
found a batch of switches that had them configured. It's too
much work to clear that, but we just say "no" to VTP anyway.

Cheers,

Mark.