[c-nsp] VTP domain.

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Feb 11 23:59:12 EST 2009

On Wednesday 11 February 2009 10:04:54 pm Adam Greene wrote:

> We're getting pretty tired of adding / removing VLANs
> manually throughout various parts of our network, and
> find that it is prone to sloppiness (i.e. vlans being
> left on links where they don't belong).

In our case, VLAN's (and their associated VLAN ID's) start
and end on the router-switch pair.

The Layer 2 backbone is driven by an MPLS control plane.

We have negligible situations where customers span multiple
switches and need to maintain the same VLAN ID, so we're
handling this manually for the time being.

Cheers,

Mark.