[c-nsp] EoMPLS - port mode to vlan mode

Laurent Geyer lgeyer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 12:44:51 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Justin Shore <justin at justinshore.com> wrote:
> Laurent Geyer wrote:
>>
>> interface TenGigabitEthernet3/1.100
>>  encapsulation dot1Q 100
>>  xconnect <Switch A IP> 100 encapsulation mpls
>> end
>
> Are you sure that you're not getting any traffic out of Te3/1.100?  My
> thought would be that you're inputing untagged traffic on Gi2/1 but tagged
> traffic on Te3/1.100.  I would expect to see traffic coming out of either
> int that's being discarded by the device on either side but that's just my
> thought.  I don't have many L2VPNs in place at this time.  I always heard
> though that the VLAN tag had to match on both sides if it existed at all.

I'm absolutely positive unfortunately.

>From what I understand, and anybody correct me if I'm wrong please,
the dot1q tag in the header is only need for the label imposition on
the ingress side.

The egress interface for the traffic is determined by a LFIB lookup
not by information that's part of the original ethernet frame, so it
shouldn't really matter that one side is untagged.

- Laurent