[c-nsp] EIGRP router-id in VRF

Derick Winkworth dwinkworth at att.net
Sun Feb 22 02:50:53 EST 2009

All:

We went to production with a solution that we labbed, but now we are
seeing some odd behavior.

We added VRFs to our configuration and the EIGRP router-id for routes
redistributing into EIGRP from BGP was always the highest IP address in
the *VRF*, not the loopback interface in the global routing table.  In
fact, I see this is the behavior now for the initial customers we turned
up.

We turn up a third customer in the same fashion as far as I can tell,
but now the router-id is the loopback in the global routing table.

Can someone clarify what the deal is here?