[c-nsp] IOS IDS Signature Updates, still NIL

Brian Stiff (bstiff) bstiff at cisco.com
Tue Jan 6 19:01:36 EST 2009

Hi Ray-

You're absolutely correct, I offered the assurance two weeks before your
email (which was, well, two weeks ago, today) that it would only be
"several days".  Unfortunately, the signature release team is still
addressing some problems for which I can't really offer details.
However, part of the Cisco IOS IPS product group has worked to manually
correct problems that were in the 369 sig release, and an engineer is
working to post the file now, such that the file should find its way to
cisco.com in short order.  While I realize the 369 sigs predate, for
instance, some December product security bulletins, the 369 sig package
updates the router sig support by a month or so.

If you need more recent sigs ASAP, you can apply this sig package.  That
said, you may see a more recent sig package in the next couple of days,
or there may be greater delays.  The team is still working to sort out
the IOS sig package generation process, so we might see the 375 (or
later) package very soon, or the 369 package might have for serve for a
longer-term interim package.

Apologies for the apparent delay in action.

Regards,
Brian

Brian Stiff
720.562.6462