[c-nsp] SPLIT ETHERNET

Brett Looney brett at looney.id.au
Wed Jan 7 03:33:38 EST 2009

> At any particular time only one ethernet is active at a time and the second provides redundancy.
> My question is how do I avoid an ip conflict on the switch an Ericsson Media Gateway for Mobile Networks (M-MGw) R5.

You don't need to do anything special at all. Just make sure that the two ports from the media gateway and the two ports from your upstream routers are in the same VLAN on the switches and you're fine. This is standard active/standby networking server stuff - as long as the media gateway really only has one interface active at any one time the network will be ok.

B.