[c-nsp] PIX question

chloe K chloekcy2000 at yahoo.ca
Fri Jan 9 15:42:54 EST 2009

Thank you for your doc info

  You mean I have to put access-list before http and snmp can work

  access-list ANY extended permit ip any any
access-group ANY in interface dmz

  ls it OK?

  One question, Why the telnet and ssh are working now?

  Thank you again

Brad Hedlund <brhedlun at cisco.com> wrote:  On 1/9/09 1:05 PM, "chloe K" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I enable the http and snmp community in dmz 192 network
>
> http server enable
> http 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 dmz
>
> snmp-server community aaabbbb
>
> but I can't access both (httpd and snmpwalk) in any hosts of 192.168.0.0
> network
>
> What am I doing wrong?

What you have done is enable the PIX itself to be managed via HTTP and
allowed host on the 192.168.0.0 DMZ to manage the PIX with HTTP. You have
also tuned on SNMP management of the PIX itself.

If you want the PIX to pass HTTP and SNMP traffic to the hosts on the
192.168.0.0 network you will need to allow that traffic in an access list
applied to the appropriate interfaces.

Like this:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/nwacc
ess.html