[c-nsp] PIX question

Michael K. Smith mksmith at adhost.com
Sat Jan 10 20:44:20 EST 2009

On 1/9/09 4:37 PM, "chloe K" <chloekcy2000 at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> Yes. you are right
>
>   it works now. https works fine
>
>   But I can't logon in http as user pix and pw
>   Do I need to do anything?
>
>   snmp works fine. But I can't get CPU info in cacti?
>
>   It only shows the interface. Do you have any idea?
>
>   Thank you again

username <username> password <password> privilege 15
aaa authentication enable console LOCAL
aaa authentication ssh console LOCAL
aaa authentication http console LOCAL

With the above, you will use a local user for access via ssh and http, as
well as for enable access.  With the user specified with privilege 15 you
will be able to do everything on the PIX.  Remember, with the commands
above, when you type "enable" you will use the password of the user, not the
enable password on the device.  And, you can add as many users as you like

Regards,

Mike