[c-nsp] PIX question

chloe K chloekcy2000 at yahoo.ca
Fri Jan 9 19:37:29 EST 2009

Yes. you are right

  it works now. https works fine

  But I can't logon in http as user pix and pw
  Do I need to do anything?

  snmp works fine. But I can't get CPU info in cacti?

  It only shows the interface. Do you have any idea?

  Thank you again

Brad Hedlund <brhedlun at cisco.com> wrote:
  On 1/9/09 2:41 PM, "chloe K" wrote:

> One question, Why the telnet and ssh are working?
> You mean I have to put access-list before http and snmp can work

OK. I may have misunderstood your original question. It now sounds like
you are trying to enable management of the PIX with HTTPS and SNMP and it is
not working.

No, you do not need to configure an access-list to allow management traffic
to the PIX.

Secondly, even though you are typing 'http server enable', you can only
manage the PIX/ASA with HTTPS. So try accessing the PIX with https:// not
http://

For SNMP to work you might be missing the command 'snmp server enable'

This should help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/configuration/guide/mgacc
ess.html

Cheers,