[c-nsp] Policing Confusion

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Tue Jan 13 19:15:19 EST 2009

Aaron Riemer wrote:

> Thanks for all the comments guys you have clarified this for me.
> It is a bit dissapointing to know that you cant really manipulate
> the types of traffic inbound only outbound. I understand why though.

Just to revive this one while cleaning out my e-mail, another option
depending on your model of router might be to restrain TCP-based flows
to your remote sites by using traffic shaping on egress into your LANs
(i.e. use a shaping output policy on the LAN interface at the remote
sites). In terms of config cleanliness this is a bit messy but might do
the job if you don't want to use an inbound WAN policer or complex
output policy at the central site.

Regards,
Brad