[c-nsp] GRE on Cat-4948 switch

James Slepicka cisco-nsp at slepicka.net
Wed Jan 14 12:28:06 EST 2009

4948 is essentially a fixed-config 4500 w/ SupV (400MHz processor).  I
don't have numbers on that, but I did ask Cisco about GRE performance on
the Sup6-e (1.3GHz proc) and was told that it can do about 160k 64-byte
packets/second.  That's less than 100Mb, though I'm not sure how packet
size impacts CPU utilization.