[c-nsp] Input error from Cisco Switch and Juniper Router

Kelvin Goei kelvin_team at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 23:16:59 EST 2009

Hi All,

We are experiencing issue with connectivity between Cisco Switch to Juniper Router. We are seeing the input error keep increasing in our Cisco Switch.

cisco
=====
3863152 input errors, 49850 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0

we are running 1000BaseLX on both side.

Juniper Side
============
input errors:
Errors: 918618, Drops: 0, Framing errors: 0, Runts: 0, Policed discards:
7345203, L3 incompletes: 918618,
L2 channel errors: 0, L2 mismatch timeouts: 0, FIFO errors: 0, Resource
errors: 0

anyone experince this before? we already try to change the sfp and patch cable on cisco side, although the fibre core between the cisco sw and juniper already tested, we will conduct test again.

Is possible any feature mismatch between cisco and juniper causing the error rather than the physicall link it self?

Thanks all for the help.

Regards,

Kelvin.