[c-nsp] BGP Session Teardown due to AS_CONFED_SEQUENCE in AS4_PATH

Rob Shakir rjs at eng.gxn.net
Tue Jan 20 05:35:48 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 03:58:17PM +0000, Jonathan Oddy wrote:
> As mentioned in both [1] and [2] this is especially critical as at
> present Cisco IOS will tear down sessions when receiving an AS4_PATH
> containing an AS_CONFED_SET/SEQUENCE.

Hi,

Whilst this is behaviour is RFC compliant, as previously described, it is
sub-optimal operationally. I have raised this issue with Cisco TAC, and
CSCsx10140 has been opened to track this problem.

I would encourage those network operators who may be planning to deploy
AS4-support and use Cisco equipment to open a SR with Cisco, tracking this bug,
to try to ensure that both the IOS behaviour, and RFC are changed.

Many thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Shakir                      <rjs at eng.gxn.net>
Network Development Engineer    GX Networks/Vialtus Solutions

This email is subject to: http//www.vialtus.com/disclaimer.html