[c-nsp] Set Virtual-Template 'ip wccp x redirect in' via RADIUS attribute on LNS

Barry O'Donovan barry at opensolutions.ie
Tue Jan 20 11:17:42 EST 2009

Hi folks,

In a nutshell, I have an ISP who has LNS' terminating L2TP tunnels from the
incumbent telco. These L2TP tunnels are terminated based on domain as is
common and we have three terminating vpdn-group (two production, one testing).

Each vpdn-group uses the same virtual template ('virtual-template 1') and this
template in turn has a hard coded 'ip wccp x redirect in' (where x is the
configured wccp service id. We'll use 97.

So the watered down config is:

vpdn-group 1
 accept-dialin
  protocol l2tp
  virtual-template 1
vpdn-group 2
 accept-dialin
  protocol l2tp
  virtual-template 1

interface Virtual-Template1
 ip unnumbered Loopback0
 ip access-group cust-in in
 ip wccp 97 redirect in

What I need to do is to be able to selectively use 'ip wccp 97 redirect in' by
RADIUS attribute but I can't seem to find the right (any) RADIUS attributes.

I think there may be two ways of doing it but I don't know if any / either are
possible:

1) have RADIUS specify a 'virtual-template 2' rather than 1 dynamically where
I don't have the 'ip wccp 97 redirect in' statement;

2) have RADIUS specify an attribute that can add the 'ip wccp 97 redirect in'
statement dynamically.

Any help / advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Barry O'Donovan

http://www.opensolutions.ie/