[c-nsp] Which QoS/Shaping is actually supported on ME3400?

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Wed Jan 21 02:37:45 EST 2009

Hi,

I'm playing with an ME3400 in our Lab, trying to set up some QoS/Shaping
stuff ... I want to see whether I can limit the throughput on the uplink
port (using G0/1 for that, or rather, ether-channeled g0/1+2) to any
value, not shaping a certain protocol/service, but rather the whole
link. I've tried all the logical choices, like vlans, IP traffic, etc.,
but somehow all I get when I try to set up the policy-map for the port
is the error that that kind of class is not supported on the interface
... as I can't seem to find any decent explanation in the manual
entries, I'm wondering which classes are actually configurable on an
ME3400 ...
n.b.: I'm using the MetroAccess IOS 12.2.46 on it ...

Tnx, -garry