[c-nsp] Which QoS/Shaping is actually supported on ME3400?

Garry gkg at gmx.de
Wed Jan 21 10:15:43 EST 2009

Brad Henshaw wrote:
> Garry wrote:
>

>> I'm playing with an ME3400 in our Lab, trying to set up some
>>
> QoS/Shaping stuff ...
>
> I'm pretty sure the last ME3400 I had my hands on was running Metro
> Access and was able to shape but only in class-default at the top level
> of the policy. Granularity at anything less than about 50Mbps was pretty
> much useless also.
>
> The Quality of Service section of the Software Configuration Guide for
> your particular software version should cover everything.

The only shaping I've been able to configure is somewhat "limited", as
it only allows either ~60mbit or ~111mbit ... all other
commands/settings I've tried are rejected when I try to assign the
policy map to the uplink interface ...

Alternatively, I tried setting an incoming policy on the 4500, but that
one seems to be completely ignored, even though there at least I can
configure arbitrary bit rates ...

-garry