[c-nsp] network connection tool

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 16:27:26 EST 2009

--- On Thu, 22/1/09, Ibrahim Abo Zaid <ibrahim.abozaid at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Ibrahim Abo Zaid <ibrahim.abozaid at gmail.com>
> Subject: [c-nsp] network connection tool
> To: "cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net" <cisco-nsp at puck.nether.net>, cisco at groupstudy.com
> Date: Thursday, 22 January, 2009, 7:46 AM
> Hi All
>
> i want to know if there any network connectivity tool can
> be configured to
> respond to spesific TCP/UDP port number ?

Historically I've just used a small freebie web server that is easily configurable for which port it runs on for Windows based testing (from laptop). Once you've changed the port, a simple telnet to that port, type something (anything) and press enter and you will get HTML back. This obviously only works for TCP. Someone else may know of a specific tool that is designed to do just what you want and works for both TCP & UDP.

A port scanner is also useful for testing things like this.

regards,
Tony.