[c-nsp] Which QoS/Shaping is actually supported on ME3400?

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Thu Jan 22 18:48:12 EST 2009

Garry wrote:
>>> I'm playing with an ME3400 in our Lab, trying to set up some
>>> QoS/Shaping stuff ...
>
> The only shaping I've been able to configure is somewhat "limited",
> as it only allows either ~60mbit or ~111mbit ... all other
> commands/settings I've tried are rejected when I try to assign
> the policy map to the uplink interface ...

You could try identifying traffic in a child policy (i.e. use a
2 level hierarchical output policy) and see if the granularity
is any better in the child class. It's probably not, but I don't
recall.

The software config guide outlines which commands can be used where.

> Alternatively, I tried setting an incoming policy on the 4500,
> but that one seems to be completely ignored

Input policing should work on a 4500.

Regards,
Brad