[c-nsp] Equipment Upgrade

Thermos Saamnet tsaamnet at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 04:22:48 EST 2009

Hi all,

I'm currently running a network that consists of low end routers, basically
a lot of 3600 series routers and a few 7200s. I've been asked to look into a
serious upgrade and we're considering the 7600 series routers.

I, however have limited experience with them and one of the foremost
questions in my mind was what's the difference between a Route Switch
Processor and a Supervisor Engine.

I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify the difference for me or point
out where I could get the relevant info.

Thanks.