[c-nsp] Adjancy issues in newer XD IOS?

Jan van den Berg jan.vandenberg at isp.solcon.nl
Mon Jan 26 11:51:43 EST 2009

Hi,

I have a virtual interface which belongs to a VRF. This VRF exports the
routes to another VRF. These routes show up in both VRF routing tables.
With XD7 I can route traffic trough the VRFs (ping etc. everything is fine)
but with the newer (latest) XD10 I have some strange behaviour.

Every other packet is dropped... and I cant figure out why.

The configs are exactly the same and it is tested on the same box. Only the
IOS is different.
The only thing I have been able to find so far is the difference in
adjancency. It looks like this on XD7 and XD10 respectively. This might have
something to do with it? But still it's every other packet that is
'dropped/lost'. So can anyone point me in the direction where to look for
the solution for this? Or have I hit a bug....?

c7200p-advipservicesk9-mz.124-4.XD7.bin
artest#sh adjacency
Protocol Interface                 Address
IP       FastEthernet3/1           12.0.0.2(5)
IP       Virtual-Access3           point2point(13)
IP       FastEthernet4/0           172.16.0.2(11)

c7200p-advipservicesk9-mz.124-4.XD10.bin
artest#sh adjacency
Protocol Interface                 Address
IP       FastEthernet3/1           12.0.0.2(5)
IP       Virtual-Access3           point2point(12) (incomplete)
IP       FastEthernet4/0           172.16.0.2(11)

Cheers,

Jan