[c-nsp] DFC-3C vs DFC-3CXL

Marlon Duksa mduksa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 14:49:47 EST 2009

Hi - Can someone tell me what is the exact difference between line cards,
for example ES20 for 7600, with DFC3C and the XL version of the same?
Is it only a DDRAM or is it something else? I know that the
scaling numbers are higher on the XL version of the cards but not sure if
there is anything else on those cards except the memory that makes it
larger? Or is it TCAM? Whatever it is, it looks to me that it is only the
external memory in question and nothing inherent to the chips (EARL for
example)..
Thanks,
Marlon