[c-nsp] 6500 stable code

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Jan 28 15:01:25 EST 2009

I'm getting ready to spin the IOS roullette wheel again with a 6500 that's
been running 12.2(18)SXF12a as a hot spare.  Safe Harbor says
12.2(18)SXF13 is "Recommended" and the last version of SXF they plan to
say anything about.  The pdf link
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/safe_harbor/campus/12_18_sxf13/Campus_12.2(18)SXF13.pdf
is dead.

In the software center, I see there have been a few additional releases,
and in fact if I try to get 12.2(18)SXF13, I get a warning that there have
been serious issues found in it and 12.2(18)SXF14 is recommended.  When I
try to get 12.2(18)SXF14, I see it's got even more issues, and
12.2(18)SXF15 is recommended....The first one I get to that doesn't give
me warnings of serious issues and reommend the next release is
12.2.18-SXF15a.  So...has anyone been running 12.2.18-SXF15a (which is
apparently the latest of SXF) in a BGP/OSPF environment and care to chime
in about its stability or lack thereof?