[c-nsp] 6500 stable code

Derick Winkworth dwinkworth at att.net
Wed Jan 28 15:08:36 EST 2009

You need to reduce the number of features you are actively using in the switch, pick an IOS, put in the lab, fully regression-test it with load-testing (and test all possible functions and failures of all protocols and features) then deploy.

Oh wait... thats not possible is it?  You need to do this soon right?  You don't have a year to develop a test plan and scripts and fully test it?  By the time you do that, the software you are testing will have been deferred or have an advisory on it for major defects.

hmmm...

Well spin the barrel, close your eyes, and pull the trigger.