[c-nsp] WS-X cards on Cat6500 with VPLS

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Jan 28 18:50:13 EST 2009

On Thursday 29 January 2009 05:57:40 am Marlon Duksa wrote:

> What I  meant is:1) can you run 12.2.(33)SXH software in
> a 7600 chassis with SUP720 or
> 2)  can you run 12.2(33)SRD software on an RSP720 in Cat
> 6500 chassis?Or is there a microcode hack in the chassis
> that prevents this from happening, for example an epprom
> in the chassis that would tell that it is 6500 vs 7600?

I smile everytime I see one of these questions - you're
really tempting Gert Doering to come out and speak :-).

This issue has been discussed a number of times on this
list. This is what I can find you from the 'c-nsp' archives
(and I haven't really dug up that much):

http://tinyurl.com/by99qc
http://tinyurl.com/d8ptqv
http://tinyurl.com/b43fkf
http://tinyurl.com/ajl6ok

Please don't wake Gert, Lord knows he's been through enough
:-).

Cheers,

Mark.