[c-nsp] New with Cisco

Michael K. Smith mksmith at adhost.com
Wed Jan 28 23:36:33 EST 2009

Hello Dan:

On 1/28/09 5:20 PM, "Dan Ciora" <dan.c at catalinajazzclub.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> My name is Dan and I just start working with Cisco Router.
> We have a router 800 Series that was working perfect. We had to upgrade
> the point of sale application, and the new version needs to comunicate
> in through the router on the port: TCP8443 and UDP8443.

<snip>

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers for
a list of well-known port numbers in use and the names associated with them.
With your ACL, assuming 130 is the one on your outside interface, you should
add:

access-list 130 permit tcp any any eq 8443
access-list 130 permit udp any any eq 8443

Regards,

Mike