[c-nsp] [BGP] Multiple peering sessions with same ASN/prefixes possible ?

cc loo s00664233 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 21:48:51 EDT 2009

Hi all,

my company's network has a peering connection with a client.
Recently, they requested us to set up another concurrent peering link (for
testing purposes).

The 2 BGP routers will be advertising the same ASN and prefixes.
As i have limited knowledge in BGP, i wondered if such a set up would screw
up the entire routing for this client ?

Wouldnt my router be confused with 2 peers advertising the same prefixes ?
How would it decide which peer to send to ?

Appreciate your kind advise. Thanks.