[c-nsp] matched ACL - counters not updating

David Prall dcp at dcptech.com
Thu Jul 2 22:08:11 EDT 2009

If you have "mls rate-limit unicast ip icmp unreachable acl-drop 0"
configured the counters on deny's don't get incremented. The default for
this rate-limiter is 100 pps with a burst of 10, you could have other acl's
being hammered and your reaching the 100pps limit via others so this one
isn't be incremented. You can use "sh int <interface> stats" to see what is
happening with the deny's. With the default you will see packets in the
Processor as icmp unreachables are returned. If "no ip unreachables" is
configured then they will be sent through the Route cache.

David

--
http://dcp.dcptech.com