[c-nsp] CBWFQ with LLQ on Cisco 876

Ivan Pepelnjak ip at ioshints.info
Wed Jul 8 01:12:16 EDT 2009

The problem you have is that there's no outbound queue forming on the Dialer
interface (PPPoE is too fast, as it goes over outside Ethernet).

http://blog.ioshints.info/2009/06/adsl-qos-basics.html

You have to apply shaping to force a queue to form. The shaping has to be
configured on the physical interface (outside Ethernet), not on the dialer

http://blog.ioshints.info/2009/07/not-all-interfaces-are-created-equal.html

 ... and then you'll hit another jitter problem (see comments in the

I'm working on describing the whole problem (and the potential workarounds),
but it will take time.

Ivan

http://www.ioshints.info/about
http://blog.ioshints.info/