[c-nsp] ASA IPsec Tunnel Failover

Munoz, Jeff Jeff.Munoz at swinc.com
Mon Jul 13 16:14:41 EDT 2009

Hey guys, I have two main sites (site A and site B) and one remote site (site C).  Sites A and B have a metroethernet connection between them.  Remote site C has an IPsec tunnel back to site A.  I'd like to setup failover so in case site A's ASA is down the remote site C ASA sends the interesting traffic down the site B IPsec tunnel.  Unfortunately, it will always match the tunnel to site A since the phase 2 access lists have the same source/destinations.  Any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks!

Jeff