[c-nsp] Management interface on 2950T-24 appears to be dead

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Wed Jul 15 15:00:15 EDT 2009

Out of the blue the other day I received a NAGIOS alert about a 2950T-24
being down.  I was off-site, so I called over to the onsite tech who
confirmed that traffic was flowing just fine.  When I checked later, I
couldn't ping or telnet to it.  I went onsite today had no response at the
console port, and even when I pressed the mode button on the left to cycle
through speed, duplex, etc, there was no change.  It's like the management
interface totally died.

The unit runs off an inverter, so power should not be an issue.

Has anyone seen this before?  Can we trust this box anymore?

We plan to power-cycle this evening during a maintenance window.

Frank