[c-nsp] Management interface on 2950T-24 appears to be dead

Yann Gauteron ygauteron at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 03:41:31 EDT 2009

Hi Frank,

Do you monitor the switch resources (CPU, memory) ?

It is very likely that you have a memory leak in a process and no free
memory to allocate for your management process. This is at least the same
behavior that I got once with another Catalyst switch (IOS, don't remember
the version) because of a memory leak in SSH process. So when the switch
went out of free memory, it were impossible to get any administrative access
(neither SSH, nor console) to it. A reboot solved the problem. At console,
we got a message stating there were no memory free anymore. I did not play
with the mode button, so I don't know if it were working or not.

Let us know if the power cycle solved your issue, or not!

Rgs,
Y.