[c-nsp] adding a port forward on a Cisco Pix

Scott Granados gsgranados at comcast.net
Wed Jul 15 17:52:30 EDT 2009

Hi, so I've started working with the Pix and am trying to forward port 80
and 443 in from an outside facing address to a 10.x space inside.  I have
two basic interfaces (outside and inside) and am running Pix 6.3 for
firmware.

I was thinking the following line would work but wasn't sure if I formatted
it correctly.

static (outside,inside) tcp general-internet-rtr-svc-nat 80 inside-ip-object
80 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

general-internet-rtr-svc-nat is an object group name that contains a
network-object-host with the outside static IP defined.

Is this more or less correct?  Should I invert the address objects or are
they in the proper order?  Any basic pointers or pointers to good examples
would be appreciated.

Thank you
Scott