[c-nsp] L3 Etherchannel on ASR / IOS-XE

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Fri Jul 17 14:14:19 EDT 2009

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, Elmar K. Bins wrote:

> Re Brandon,
>
> brandon at burn.net (Brandon Applegate) wrote:
>
>> Is anyone doing it ?  I don't have many options for config on the ASR
>> side.  On the other side (7609-S) I'm using channel mode 'on'.  It's just
>> not passing traffic.  Searched CCO, IOS-XE config guide etc.  If there is
>> a magic formula to make it work, I'd love to know.  Thanks in advance.
>
> I'm using L2 etherchannel out of the box (if you can call
> that L2...), and I discovered that you need the very very
> latest IOS to get that going.
>
> asr1000rp1-adventerprisek9.02.04.00.122-33.XND.bin is the image I'm
> using in the test setup. Everything else did just not work.
>
> HTH,
> 	Elmar.

Thanks for the push.  Upgrading IOS to latest avail (exact same thing you
are running) made a world of difference.  Looks like I have the option of
doing LACP now (didn't before).  I've tried both LACP and plain
Etherchannel (mode 'on', my personal preference) and both seem to work.

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273
PGP Key fingerprint: