[c-nsp] Splicing a roll-over cable

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Sun Jul 19 20:37:40 EDT 2009

Jay Hennigan wrote:

[..huge snip..]

> VNC on the PCs might be a better choice to solve this problem.

I'm used to FreeBSD... instead of:

# ssh -l myname lab.box
# sudo cu -l /dev/cuad0

... I was hoping for something a little more closer to the device itself
(if possible).

The lab pc boxen are not connected to any network (including the network
my workstation belongs to).

I was hoping to communicate with the defunct and way-too-old devices
without having to use IP based communication.

Because my knowledge and experience is being forced upon playing with
the likes of 2691-type hardware, I figured that I might try frying a
couple during testing...

..instead of using a remote control software, I was hoping that rs232
would solve this, just for playing around.

Steve

ps: For the love of God...does anyone have 1 or 10 g lab hardware that a
semi-skilled engineer can look at, and get familiar with it's convention
?! ;)