[c-nsp] Splicing a roll-over cable

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sun Jul 19 22:53:14 EDT 2009

On Sun, 19 Jul 2009, Steve Bertrand wrote:

> I was hoping to communicate with the defunct and way-too-old devices
> without having to use IP based communication.

Then I guess you could serial console into the lab PC box from your PC,
and run screen -x on it (if you want multiple sources talking to it at the
same time). Remember that 19200 serial only goes 10-20 meters in standard
form (very approximate, depends on serial hardware etc)
<http://www.connectworld.net/interface-troubleshooting.html> says even
less (20 feet).

screen -x is a wonderful "collaboration tool".

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se