[c-nsp] OT: Network documentation tool

David Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Sun Jul 19 20:46:14 EDT 2009

On 19/07/2009, at 1:25 AM, Peter Rathlev wrote:
> What do people use to store documentation? Currently we use a CIFS
> share
> but this seems clumsy at best.

Hi

We use a Subversion repository and store all documents in there (word,
pdf, text, etc etc).  Our reasoning for using this rather than the
corporate sharepoint installation or a Wiki is that using a solution
that requires a functioning network just to access your documentation
is fundamentally flawed IMHO.  I wanted my team to have access to all
network doc's on their notebook any time they needed them (i.e. during
a network outage etc).

There are Mac, Windows and *nix clients.  It's worked very well over
the years.

David